Spring Cleaning for Your RV!
Spring is here, and it’s our favorite season at The Oaks at Zephyrhills! The flowers are blooming, the sun is shining, and it’s the perfect time to hit the road! But, if your RV has been hibernating this winter, there’s some work to do before you can fully experience the season. This is the time to wipe away winter’s grime and prepare your RV for springtime travel!
But, for many, the thought of spring cleaning can be overwhelming. While we don’t think many people look forward to a day of cleaning, we do love how completing the job can make you feel. Experts say that the process of cleaning can increase your energy levels and leave you feeling happier! To help you get into the “spring cleaning mood,” we suggest that you play your favorite music and dance while you clean. We also have put together this detailed list to help you get started:
Steps to a Spotless RV (Inside and Out):
- Open all of the windows and doors to air out the RV while you clean
- Take off vent covers and wipe them down
- Wash the windows, inside and out
- Remove the screen and wipe down the fan-powered roof vent, replacing the screen when dry
- Check all of your air conditioning filters and replace them, if needed
- Change the batteries in your fire and carbon monoxide detectors
- Dust all surfaces, not forgetting to go around any electrics
- Clean all curtains and blinds
- Vacuum and/or mop the floors and shampoo any carpets
- Take all pillows and cushions outside and give them a good shake to get rid of any dust
- Also, shake out any throw rugs
- Make the beds with fresh linens, swapping out your warm winter bedding for a lighter set
- Empty and clean inside all cabinets and drawers to remove any debris
- Spray down counters and sinks in the bathroom and kitchen, then wipe them clean with a microfiber cloth
- Wipe down all appliances
- Scrub the shower, then use a squeegee to remove any residual water
- Restock your first aid kit
- Make sure your medications are up-to-date and get rid of any expired cosmetics or personal products
- In the kitchen, throw out expired pantry items (canned food, spices, flour, etc.) and stock up with fresh supplies
- Fill the kitchen cabinets with cups, plates, utensils, pots, and pans
- Wash (or replace) any garbage cans
- Clean inside the refrigerator with a soft sponge and soapy water, then dry off the shelves, walls, and the seal on the door
- Head outside and thoroughly wash your RV’s exterior
- Check the seals and seams on your roof and windows
- Check the tire pressure and inspect your tires
- Sanitize your RV’s water system
- Check for any critters who may be trying to stow-away
- Declutter unwanted items and organize as you clean, setting aside anything you don’t need (that is in good condition) for donation
Once you have completed this list, your RV will be sparkling, and you’ll be ready to start your springtime adventure! Make sure to plan a stop at The Oaks at Zephyrhills along the way. A Good Sam certified RV and mobile home park, you can truly “Stay Your Way” with us!
The Oaks at Zephyrhills is conveniently located off of U.S. 301 in scenic Zephyrhills, halfway between the cities of Tampa and Orlando. The park features 75+ lots for RVs with full hook-ups, in addition to studios, one-bedroom units, and two-bedroom units. From daily rates to annual leases, The Oaks’ offers several options to fit your rental needs and budget.
With an oak tree-filled landscape and park amenities that include free Wi-Fi and a refreshing pool, The Oaks at Zephyrhills is the perfect place to visit this spring! For more information about the availabilities, contact us at (866) 499-9026 or firstname.lastname@example.org.